[LAU] vmx1000usb mixer linux usb support

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed Oct 20 15:11:56 UTC 2010

On 10/20/2010 03:00 AM, Niels Mayer wrote:

> 2010/10/19 Jörn Nettingsmeier<nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de>:
>> the mackie onyx mixers mentioned before work great with linux and are pretty
>> good, but might be over your needs and budget.
>
> This is interesting news, though conflicting with "sort-of works with
> FFADO" from device support section of ffado (above).

hmm, yeah, maybe i was being a little sloppy here. i know that
_at_least_one_ incarnation of the mackie-onyx-with-firewire mixers works
with ffado. it's a 16ch one, not totally unlike this:

http://www.thomann.de/de/mackie_onyx_1640i.htm

what irritates me is that this one advertises 16x16 firewire support
(whatever that means), and when i used the onyx last, i'd see 18 ins but
only two outs. so i guess there are different firewire interfaces out
there, which means my remark should be taken with a grain of salt.

i'll get the precise model number and maybe some firewire id and vendor
data when i get the chance (the mixer in question is owned by a friend).

best,

jörn