[LAU] New workstation | DAW pc

rosea grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 14:01:21 UTC 2010

Hi,

Processor:
So it looks like I go for a intel i3 processor, with integrated gpu.

Anyway, I'm a fan of Asus MBs, either Intel or AMD processors. I used
> to work for AMD but frankly right now it's pretty hard to beat Intel's
> Core i5 & i7 offerings. I've got an i5-661, i7-920 and an i7-980x.
> They are all quite nice at different price points and the i5 is very
> energy efficient.

MB:
Does it make sense to go for an Intel motherboard when I have also a Intel
processor? Then it should fit right ;) Like the  Intel Desktop Board DH55HC
for example?
Asus is also mentioned pretty often indeed, MSI too. Which is the best,
that's all I have to know ;)

Power:
When it comes to a power supply I was thinking about Enermax PRO82+ 385W. I
heard that brand is good...

Cases:
There are pretty some option these days. Towers, mini-itx, htpc. I like the
style of the Antec ones (  antec Solo-EU Quiet Mini Tower Case, NoPSU, for
example).
Smaller is more mobile and looks nicer, but what is better and more silent?

Memory:
Any recommended brands, type and speed?

Regards,

\r