[LAU] Another direction

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Wed Sep 8 21:24:11 UTC 2010

Having re-discovered the guitar, I've been getting some practice in.
I don't know what the style I like is called, but it consists of
picking a sort of melody from the lower strings with the thumb, then
using fingers over the other strings to play arpeggios.

After much practice, I was able to get through a 4-5 minute 'song'
without a break or significant mistake. Once I had that sorted I moved
over to the synth and produced some backing and a couple of 'verses' of
lead.

When I put that up on one of the music collaboration websites, a friend
very quickly came back with complementary guitar line, along with a
very nice guitar lead for the middle verse, after which I was then able
to work out and add a subdued (synth) bass line.

And there it stayed for a while. I couldn't think of where to take it.
I just knew it wasn't 'complete'. It also didn't have a title, and
finding that turned out to be the catalyst, because as soon as he heard
it my friend came back with lyrics, half sung half spoken.

All that was needed was a bit of tidying up and here is our complete
collaboration. I hope you like it.

http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Gone_Fishin.ogg

--
Will J Godfrey