[LAU] New workstation | DAW pc

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Thu Sep 9 08:39:55 UTC 2010

Kevin Cosgrove:

> On 7 September 2010 at 19:55, david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Design a case like a chimney and let the hot air rise on it's own. ;-)
>
> ... and avoid putting the hottest things at the bottom where they
> raise the heat of all the rest of the things in the case above them.

I would rephrase that to avoid putting things which are sensitive
to heat at the top, and avoiding putting things which are hot
close to things which are sensitive to heat.

Normally you only have to worry about the temperature of the CPU
the PSU. The other stuff inside an audio-computer
usually works fine in higher temperature without making
lots of noise or failing. (at least to a certain degree of corse).