[LAU] Installing Google Voice Chat for Linux on Fedora instead of Debian

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Thu Sep 9 09:23:53 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Niels Mayer's message of 2010-09-09 02:00:56 +0200:
> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Philipp Überbacher
> > What I wonder about since a long time is how to set this kind of stuff
> > without gnome/gconf.
>
> Use a text editor on ~/.gconf/system/gstreamer/0.10/default/%gconf.xml
> and be sure to use &-escapes, e.g. "alsasink
> device="hw:Headset,0""
>
> Or do
> gconftool-2 --type string --set
> /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/audiosink "alsasink"
> gconftool-2 --type string --set
> /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/musicaudiosink "alsasink"
> gconftool-2 --type string --set
> /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/chataudiosink "alsasink"

The question was how to configure gstreamer without gconf. Without gconf
installed there's no ~/.gconf and no gconftool. I'm under the impression
that gstreamer is impossible to configure without gconf. gstreamer is
afaik supposed to support jack as audio output, but no gstreamer
depending application I ever encountered provided a way to set its audio
output to jack, or change any other audio option for that matter.
--
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu
und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan