[LAU] ubuntu maverick + jack

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Mon Sep 13 19:00:13 UTC 2010

On 09/13/2010 04:42 PM, maex at firstfloor.org wrote:
> hello
>
> i recently switched my os from debian squeeze to ubuntu maverick.
>
> ok.
>
> since years i am useing the nice edirol ua-25 sound device without any problems so far.
>
> but, ubuntu changed this. its seems jack on maverick isnt able to handle a second sounddevice.

Ubuntu changed nothing, it should work.

> at least the ua-25 isnt supportet at all and the jackd response with an error message:

The snd-usb-audio kernel module should still support this device
otherwise it would be a major regression.

> the fundamental integration of the pulseaudio server seems to work well for the very basic
> of buildin soundsupport, but at least for me its an unbreakable barrier for a further useage
> of this distro.

Try creating a ~/.pulse/client.conf with just the line autospawn = no in
it and as a startup script in QjackCtl add pulseaudio -k
And it's not the fundamental integration of PulseAudio that forms an
unbreakable barrier, PulseAudio, JACK and ALSA can perfectly coexist.

Best,

Jeremy