[LAU] ubuntu maverick + jack

maex at firstfloor.org maex at firstfloor.org
Tue Sep 14 05:34:14 UTC 2010

hello jeremy

> >but, ubuntu changed this. its seems jack on maverick isnt able to handle a
> >second sounddevice.
>
> Ubuntu changed nothing, it should work.

yes. i was talking about the switch from debian to ubuntu, sorry about
the unclear words.

> >at least the ua-25 isnt supportet at all and the jackd response with an
> >error message:
>
> The snd-usb-audio kernel module should still support this device
> otherwise it would be a major regression.

snd-usb-audio works well.
simply alsa has sometroubles, for instance, also alsamixer doesnt work
with the external soundcard. however.

> >the fundamental integration of the pulseaudio server seems to work well
> >for the very basic
> >of buildin soundsupport, but at least for me its an unbreakable barrier
> >for a further useage
> >of this distro.
>
> Try creating a ~/.pulse/client.conf with just the line autospawn = no in
> it and as a startup script in QjackCtl add pulseaudio -k

thanks. i ll try that.

> And it's not the fundamental integration of PulseAudio that forms an
> unbreakable barrier, PulseAudio, JACK and ALSA can perfectly coexist.

yes. probably. but, makes such things more complex as it has to be.

best