[LAU] Another direction

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Wed Sep 15 19:23:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:59:10 +1000
Loki Davison <loki.davison at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 5:12 AM, Folderol <folderol at ukfsn.org> wrote:
> > Thanks very much for your comments guys.
> >
> > @Julien
> > When the winter months come I actually try to write brighter summer
> > tunes, so this could be a problem :)
> >
> > @Philipp
> > Look on the bright side - you'll eventually catch up with us!
> >

> I had a listen and I like the lyrics, i like the guitar parts, but the
> synths are just so huge! :) I find them a little overpowering and the
> note choice is a little scary for me somehow. It has this vibe of
> impending doom, in a Tom Waits style. The guitar and lyrics are
> pretty. I'm listening on my lovely sounding in ear canal headphones
> which are very clean and some say a little analytical so results might
> be totally different on speakers.
>
> Loki

Thanks for your comments, although I'm a bit surprised you find the
synth overpowering - I wonder if that might be due to treble content.
Neither of us are exactly spring chickens, so possibly we're beginning
to over-compensate for hearing loss.

Doom was not on the ticket, but we did want to convey the idea of
tiredness and getting away from the daily grind.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk