[LAU] DIY MIDI controller

Aurelien tyranorl at free.fr
Fri Sep 17 14:46:11 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 07:05:14PM +0200, Igor Brkic wrote :
> On 14.09.2010 14:05, Tracey Hytry wrote:
> >On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:41:18 +0200
> >Igor Brkic<igor at hyperglitch.com>  wrote:
> >
> >>I just wanted to share my latest project with everyone. It's a DIY MIDI
> >>(foot)controller based on arduino and that runs on Linux.
> >
> >It's late here, so I don't have time to check it all out, but..
> >
> >This sounds great for the folks who like to create things with arduino's.
> >If it does what it looks like from the web pages, we should be able to build controllers that can play softsynths etc.
> >
> >Great work !
>
> Thanks!
> My original idea was to make myself something that will enable me to
> play some softsynth with my feet :)

Hey Igor,

Really nice work you've done there. I just was thinking about creating
my own device to replace my FCB's (two of them) and a SPD/S.
I think I'm going to start from what you've been doing, and then, if
you're OK, I can contribute to the code for Ctrlr.

Actually, I once described what I wanted to do on sparkfun's forum:
http://forum.sparkfun.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22930&p=109647#p109647
(as you might see, I'm not use to deal with that Arduino thing, but used
with all the ALSA things on the machine).

I think I'm going to buy the whole things to get it working, and will
get back to you then.

Thanks for sharing, anyway.
Aurélien

PS : are the switches really resistant and robust enough to get walked
on very soon?

--
Aurélien