[LAU] DIY MIDI controller

Igor Brkic igor at hyperglitch.com
Fri Sep 17 15:51:12 UTC 2010

On 17.09.2010 16:46, Aurelien wrote:
> Hey Igor,
>
> Really nice work you've done there. I just was thinking about creating
> my own device to replace my FCB's (two of them) and a SPD/S.
> I think I'm going to start from what you've been doing, and then, if
> you're OK, I can contribute to the code for Ctrlr.
>
> Actually, I once described what I wanted to do on sparkfun's forum:
> http://forum.sparkfun.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22930&p=109647#p109647
> (as you might see, I'm not use to deal with that Arduino thing, but used
> with all the ALSA things on the machine).
>

> I think I'm going to buy the whole things to get it working, and will
> get back to you then.
>
> Thanks for sharing, anyway.
> Aurélien
>
> PS : are the switches really resistant and robust enough to get walked
> on very soon?

Thanks Aurelien!

I don't actually know about durability of the switches because I didn't
actually used the thing very much. Some kind of metal switches would be
better but I will use this mostly for playing softsynths, triggering
samples and controlling looper so I don't plan to stomp on it wildly as
I do on distortion pedal :)

Cheers!
Igor