[LAU] Albums under a label recorded and/or mixed with Linux

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Wed Sep 22 20:17:07 UTC 2010

On 22 September 2010 at 16:01, robert lazarski <robertlazarski at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at cosgroves.us> wrote:
> >
> > My present setup relies on Ardour and Audacity.
>
> Just curious, what are you using Audacity for? I do my playing and
> recording out of the box, but was thinking of using Audacity to do
> overdubbing and looping on the 8-24 stems in WAV format from my
> sessions.

I use Ardour for multitrack studio recordings.  I use Audacity for
live recordings done with a remote, portable recorder producing 2 or
4 ch audio files.  Audacity is used for the sound file clean-up,
track splitting and mastering to sets of audio files.  The "Noise
Removal" effect in Audacity is especially nice for the recordings I
deal with.

Cheerio...

--
Kevin