[LAU] Demo: Soda P - Pent-Up

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Mon Sep 27 13:49:02 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 15:51 +0200, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 09/21/2010 04:46 PM, rosea grammostola wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 10:23 PM, Jeremy Jongepier
> > <jeremy at autostatic.com> wrote:
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> After convincing my other bandmembers to move to Linux because of all the
> >> time we lost figuring out how all that proprietary stuff works we did get a
> >> lot more productive.
> >>
> >> So here it is, the very first demo-track from our rehearsal room, completely
> >> recorded and mixed with Linux.
> >>
> >> http://linux.autostatic.com/temp/sodap-pentup(mixdown20100919).ogg
> >>

> > Good song. Good voice. With that voice you could think about singing
> > lessons to improve it. That's an compliment ;)

    I must have missed this on the first go around.  I agree, good song,
good voice.  You might want to bring the vocals a bit forward in the mix
early in the song, they get just a bit lost in the guitar.

> Thanks! Singing lessons, I don't know, I'd like to work on my guitar
> skills first. And my mixing/recording skills of course. Last Tuesday we
> found out that we used the kick mic the wrong way around and that we had
> to place it outside the bassdrum instead of inside :$ (it's an AKG D112)

    Yeah, the kick is weak but the rest of the kit sounds great!  That's
usually the result of a drummer that knows what they're doing.  I must
admit, it's nice to hear a two minute song again.  After the 60's
everything kept getting longer and longer - usually with nothing much to
say ;-)

    BTW, what is the name of your band?  That may have been in an
earlier post but, as I said above, I missed it.

Jan