[LAU] Demo: Soda P - Pent-Up

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Tue Sep 28 07:50:31 UTC 2010

On 09/27/2010 03:49 PM, Jan Depner wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 15:51 +0200, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>> On 09/21/2010 04:46 PM, rosea grammostola wrote:

>>> Good song. Good voice. With that voice you could think about singing
>>> lessons to improve it. That's an compliment ;)
>>>

>     I must have missed this on the first go around.  I agree, good song,
> good voice.  You might want to bring the vocals a bit forward in the mix
> early in the song, they get just a bit lost in the guitar.
>
>> Thanks! Singing lessons, I don't know, I'd like to work on my guitar
>> skills first. And my mixing/recording skills of course. Last Tuesday we
>> found out that we used the kick mic the wrong way around and that we had
>> to place it outside the bassdrum instead of inside :$ (it's an AKG D112)
>>

>     Yeah, the kick is weak but the rest of the kit sounds great!  That's
> usually the result of a drummer that knows what they're doing.  I must
> admit, it's nice to hear a two minute song again.  After the 60's
> everything kept getting longer and longer - usually with nothing much to
> say ;-)
>
>     BTW, what is the name of your band?  That may have been in an
> earlier post but, as I said above, I missed it.
>

> Jan

Thanks Jan! I really need to make a list of all the comments on the mix
and redo it. But we're first going to focus on recording songs.
The song itself is stripped to the bare essence, that's the way we work,
we write songs, strip them completely and then reconstruct them. This
time it resulted in a short song, but the songs on our first album for
instance all go way past the 3 minute boundary :)
The band is called Soda P : http://www.sodap.nl/

Best,

Jeremy