[LAU] jamin

fred f.rech at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 30 18:53:57 UTC 2010

Philipp Überbacher a écrit :
> Excerpts from Robin Gareus's message of 2010-09-30 17:32:56 +0200:

>>> Here's the greatest hits:
>>>
>>> "It's a good example of textbook DSP being applied blindly
>>> and without understanding the consequences. "
>>>
>>> "But it's a kludge, and a solution to a
>>> problem that shouldn't exist in the first place."
>>>
>>> "As said, there are two issues with the EQ. The first is that the
>>> implementation is subobtimal and introduces artefacts that have
>>> to be (and are to some extent) hidden by changes added after the
>>> initial release. The second is that this type of filtering allows
>>> and invites to do things that do indeed 'destroy' the sound from
>>> a purist POV, while adding nothing useful from any other POV."
>>>
>>> and I suppose this was just plain vindictiveness
>>>
>>> "Don't know where you get this, but I assume it's not the result
>>> of your own intellectual efforts and so I can just say 'bullshit'
>>> (the pure liquid variety actually).
>>>
>>> I won't even comment on the rest, as I'd have to be at least
>>> as rude :-) "
>>>

>>> Don't know why I got the impression you were being rude or anything...
>>>
>>> Must be just me.
>>>
>> Some of these are quite amusing and IMHO most of them justified in the
>> original context.
>>
>> ..but more importantly none of them was a personal insult.
>> Which can not be said about some of your comments.
>>
>> If you want my take on it: pipe it into a text-to-speech synth and make
>> a RAP song out of it: "Parental Advisory Explicit Lyrics." Bonus points
>> if you manage to work Bob M's Jammin' into it and master it with jamin
>>
>> Come to think of it we might even start a petition for the Unplugged
>> version of it featuring Fons at the next Linux Sound Night :)
>>

>> peace,
>> robin
>>

> Yeah, let's start a new trend, from dissing to flaming. Songs instead of
> mails. I guess it would double the number of Linux Audio songs in no
> time.

+1, I agree "100% X (y/w+(x2-AB3/4))" with the Bob Marley's cover
masterd with Jamin...
the name of this band is talking heads, OUPS ! The name of this list is
LINUX AUDIO USER
I meant... These days it looks like a flame trolling stuff; sure we get
many knowledge shared
in it (maybe not? as a matter of fact, don't care about maths, what I
like is sound-and Jamin-))
but maybe some people will get more karmic bonusses with music practice
instead of post here.
Just my advice, with big respect for Linux gurus concerned (if any). PEACE.
PS : Maybe, there are some lists around here, reserved to dev people,
where.... SMILE, MEN !