[LAU] Music Made With Linux: Shameless Plug for My Remix Contest Entry

S C Rigler riglersc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 19:06:31 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:

That'd be great. I'd like to hear it and I only use my Flash-enabled Firefox
> profile when I have web-related work to do. This is, after all, a Linux
> list, so it's unsurprising that Flash-h8rs are to be found here.
>
> There are plenty of alternatives. I've had good luck with Bandcamp,  or
> Archive.org, or even just an Amazon S3 account.  Or just a random webserver
> somewhere. I'm sure there are folks on this list who would gladly provide
> disk space for you if needed, for example, I notice that Patrick duplicates
> the music he chooses and hosts his LAU best-of mixes on his own server.
>
> -ken

I took your suggestion and it's on Archive.org right now here:

http://www.archive.org/details/GoldMotel-ColdShoulderssteveScatterbrainRemix_321

It's a 320kbps mp3, so hopefully nobody will mind it being in a patent
encumbered format.  I don't have the faintest idea how copyright works wrt
to remixes so it's unsearchable and marked as a "test item" that will be
removed in 30 days.

As always, I welcome any opinions; good or bad.

--Steve