[LAU] OT: Small studio monitors, or what are you using?

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 12:49:49 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Philipp Überbacher
<hollunder at lavabit.com>wrote:

> If you need bass, the KRK RP5 might be better suited, they are bass
> heavy. Can't really judge their overall quality.

A friend of mine had those, they seem badly built. This youtube video
shows what happens those monitors after some time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Si9dSnHyNE

Note that's not the guy I know on the video, its not that my mate dropped
them or mistreated them. A quick google of "krk rp5 buzz" or the likes
returns plenty of results to discourage me to buy KRK...

I'd go with behringer before them anyday, -Harry