[LAU] Editing zynadsuxfx/yoshimi patches?

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Mon Apr 18 19:12:27 UTC 2011

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:13:05 +0200 (CEST)
Julien Claassen <julien at c-lab.de> wrote:

> Hello Massy!
>    Ramblngs they might be, but they are certainly interesting. It's nice to
> hear about comparisons from blind people, who actually tried without
> prejudging and what you find about such things.
>    Warmly yours
>            Julien

I think one of the problems is that we sighted people have not the faintest
clue as to what being blind means. This is further compounded by the fact that
we have very little contact (that we are aware of) with blind people. You lot
get by just too well to be noticeable most of the time!

I'm in my 60s and yet I can name only two blind people that I've met socially -
and one is Julien when he was visiting London!

Only today I was reading an article about colour-blindness and the difficulty
it causes for gamers. Although I sort of knew that red-green colour-blindness
was the most common I'd not made the connection. It was obvious when the
situation was described, but was something that would never have occurred to
me otherwise, and likewise probably never occurs to most developers.

I would be very pleased to see command-line controls extended for yoshimi. I've
no idea how much extra work that would make for Cal - it's not as if he was
sitting around twiddling his thumbs :)

Actually, I commented somewhere (can't remember where now) that this would also
make automation easier. What you can type into the keyboard, can also be fed in
from a script.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk