[LAU] Editing zynadsuxfx/yoshimi patches?

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Thu Apr 28 17:23:13 UTC 2011

Hello LIeven1
   Thanks for the link. I alrready started some reading and this morning I just
read an example (caps.rdf - from the CAPS LADSPA plugins). Not quite sure
about what might be needed in particular, but it looks good so far. It looks,
as if RDF has the basic features needed to do mapping and property
explanations.
   As to writng RDF files, that can at the same time generate an OSC interface
for an engine and give the necessary descriptions for a UI-client, it would be
rather nice. I seem to remember, that Steve Harris started using RDF to define
large parts of his LADSPA plugins.
   Dreaming on one further step ahead: Couldn't it be possible to specify the
kind of interface we're dealing with? As discussed earlier, OSC might not be
the right thing for all apps, some might rather use MIDI or a network protocol
or something different. Well if you write your app the "right way (TM)", would
it make a huge difference, if you were giving references to functions for the
OSC API or functions of another protocol? Well of course the UI-cient must be
able to handle it as well, that's where having an object based system might be
nice, where you have different "feeding" plugins, to populate the interface
and - come to think of it - probably another plugin to talk to the
engine/server.
   Just my little penny.
   Warm regards
           Julien