[LAU] An appeal to famous artists?

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Wed Aug 3 00:59:17 UTC 2011

Yeah, well, too many people have already responded with very valid
points for me to add much. However, I'd like to bring up a certain
analogy. About ten years ago, I remember a lot of similar discussion
going on around The Linux Desktop: "How can we make it better?", "How
can we make it better known?", "Why are people and businesses sticking
to MS Office?" It was a bit of an obsession in the early 21st century.
Now, The Linux Desktop isn't exactly used by an overwhelming majority,
but it has made its way on many common wo/man's computer and is even in
some schools and small businesses, and a lot of people in the street
have at least heard of "that Ubuntu thing" and are intrigued. So, basedd
on that experience, I'd venture to think that making/improving software
for our own benefit and creating quality content produced with the
aforementioned software is really what counts in the end. In ten years,
maybe Linux Audio will be where The Linux Desktop is now...

Cheers,
S.M.