[LAU] An appeal to famous artists?

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 11:46:10 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 3:29 PM, James Morris wrote:

> I always feel that half the purpose of these crusades to make Linux
> more user-friendly, more appealing to the mass-market, desktop-ready,
> etc, etc, is to stamp out the small projects created by hobbyists.

Really? Well, *I* always thought that it was just another business model :)

> They're too untidy when image is everything, and that's the real
> reason you don't like Stallman,

Isn't it cool that finally someone tells me why I dislike RMS? Without
you I would just keep failing to pick up my brain and put it to a good
use. You are my hero, mate!

> he has zero mass appeal, and is passionate about freedom

Being passionate as OK as long as you don't behave like a dick.
Freedom and small projects have very little to do with that.

And no, I like small projects and support them whenever I can. Hell, I
helped growing some of them into large projects.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org