[LAU] Aptosid & Debian music distributions => AVLinux recommended

hermann brummer- at web.de
Sat Aug 6 08:48:46 UTC 2011

Am Freitag, den 05.08.2011, 21:03 -1000 schrieb david:
> Well, just tried to use AVLinux 5.0.1 with my USB soundcard, and JACK
> crashed on startup when I try to run 16msec latency. It will run at
> 32msec latency. Probably the lack of an RT kernel in the live DVD.

Do you have reported that to GMaq ?
A good way to improve the Linux Audio world is ever report bug's to
upstream. I'm pretty sure that GMaq didn't own a hardware farm to check
any use-case, he need reports by users to improve this stuff.

greats
herman

But to be honest,  well I'm a debian sid user myself, and fully agree
with you that tweak a no audio distro to Pro Audio studio is comfortable
at all. I use only my own custom build rt-kernels, and that is also true
for the most of my audio apps. :-)