[LAU] setting up hardware priority

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 12:38:17 UTC 2011

Hello, I'm trying to find out if plugging my USB soundcard in different
USB ports of my laptop makes any difference. If I got it right, I should
choose the one with the lowest IRQ. So, with "lspci -v" I can see I
have 4 "USB Controller" devices, each with their own IRQ (lowest one is
16 which seems to be shared by video card...) - but how do I know which
one my sound card is plugged into?

The problem is lspci reports busses in the form "00:1d.0" while lsusb
in the form "Bus 001 Device 002" - and plugging my soundcard in another
port changes only the Device of lsusb, not the Bus... so I'm pretty
much lost.

any help appreciated,
renato