[LAU] WG: [slightly OT] Musical citation (what is allowed?)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Dec 1 06:58:33 UTC 2011

PS: What is the situation if you make a song near the style to a known composer? And what is the situation, if you make a song in the style of a known composer and years after you did, this composer wrote a song that is similar, resp. equal to your song in her/his style?

The answer is, that musicians don't care about it, just untalented assholes even sue their own fans. Metallica!

IMO quoting isn't a matter for the law, it's only a matter for our own tastes. If there's a reason to quote it's ok, it's wanted, if the cause is a lack of ideas, you blame yourself.

IMO you only blame yourself regarding to abstruse meter :p. I don't think you've got a lack of own ideas ;).

If you should quote it would be a gain and not a robbery.