[LAU] New floss made album released, Garage Orchestra! - The decison of Don Rodrigo

James Warden warjamy at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 09:43:44 UTC 2011

On 12/07/2011 11:25 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> Even if the music is crap,
> and I agree it is, he can be proud of what he has done.

Wow. This list dislikes pop!

I'll think hard before posting any music I make here again!

EDIT: I thought this list was about music/linux. Posting things here made with linux is a good thing. I think it really good the production quality and number of genres represented have gone up. We're a really small community, why bash others effords? No-one is trying to make "crap", but we're not into the same kinds of music. If I hear something here I don't like, I just don't comment, why should I discourage others unless I have something constructive to offer?

Hi,

You are missing the point: I was reporting what seems to be a brutal censorship from  either YOUTUBE or the OP against a comment made on _youtube_ expressing my subjective opinion (sic) about the said music. The person who posted the youtube link of the band's video happened to have had done it on this list. My rant has nothing to do with linux-audio or bashing any "linux-audio effort". When I take the time to listen and watch that stuff on youtube, I don't give a crap that it was made on linux, for I know perfectly well that one can do wonders with linux as well as any other OSes, I don't need to be sold the concept but that's off-topic.

This list was my only channel to express my utter surprise and reach the OP, in the hope that some explanations might be given. I also wanted to share this rather troubling occurrence with the community, that it would seem one cannot express a negative opinion any longer and is punished for this without any notice or form of warning (I was unable to log in on youtube after that!). So please, do not confuse matters.

For the sake of the conversation, I have nothing against pop and happen to like some of the old-school pop music. But who cares really ? Do not generalize to the entire list and to all pop-music, it is irrelevant. And most of all, I see no reason why you should hesitate before posting your music.  you post it because you want people to listen to it and of course, some will love it, some will be indifferent, and unavoidably some will puke on it. Come on, what is wrong with having a wide spectrum of tastes and opinions ? Why should we shy away from saying "this is crap" ? it is as valid as saying "this is orgasmic", god damnit!

But anyway,  I am still expecting some explanations from the OP. If none is given, then I'll be confirmed in my suspicions.

Regards,
J.