[LAU] rosegarden 1 system 0

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Dec 16 21:01:50 UTC 2011

On Friday, December 16, 2011 03:55:40 PM Brett McCoy did opine:

> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 3:18 PM, gene heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > System is a quad core AMD phenom at 2.1 Ghz, 4Gigs memory, rosegardens
> > midi output directed to the midi synth built into an Audigy2 Value
> > sound card installed in an ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe mobo.
> >
> > OS is pclos-2011 and up to date as of about midnight last night.
> > Kernel is a pclos supplied version of 2.6.38-2, using Con K's bfs
> > scheduler.  Realtime feel for the desktop. :)
>
> Do you get the same lockups if you have Rosegarden send MIDI to a
> softsynth like Fluidsynth or ZynAddSubFX?

As the reboot recovery here is about a 20 minute process due to e2fsck'ing
about a terrabyte drive, and I get all my custom stuff I've been running
for years restarted, I hadn't tried that.  Its default software synth is
timidity, so I haven't even installed these two listed above.  Are you
implying that an unserviced IRQ from the sound card might be at the bottom
of this dog pile?  If so, how would one go about determining that?

Thanks Brett.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
A plethora of individuals with expertise in culinary techniques contaminate
the potable concoction produced by steeping certain edible nutriments.