[LAU] rosegarden 1 system 0

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 22:53:53 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 4:01 PM, gene heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> On Friday, December 16, 2011 03:55:40 PM Brett McCoy did opine:

>> Do you get the same lockups if you have Rosegarden send MIDI to a
>> softsynth like Fluidsynth or ZynAddSubFX?
>
> As the reboot recovery here is about a 20 minute process due to e2fsck'ing
> about a terrabyte drive, and I get all my custom stuff I've been running
> for years restarted, I hadn't tried that.  Its default software synth is
> timidity, so I haven't even installed these two listed above.  Are you
> implying that an unserviced IRQ from the sound card might be at the bottom
> of this dog pile?  If so, how would one go about determining that?

I don't know what could be causing the issue. You need to see if the
same problems happen when the hardware synth is not being used. If no
lockups occur when Rosegarden plays back to Fluidsynth or another
synth, then see if you get the same lockup when another MIDI sequencer
sends MIDI to you hardware synth. If so, then the problem is your
audio hardware. Is the hardware a PCI card or built-in on the
motherboard?

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com