[LAU] qjackctl and ubuntu 11.10 unity

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Fri Dec 30 15:58:09 UTC 2011

On 12/30/2011 04:23 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> So there is a way to do this (restore workspace) that doesn't depend
> on which WM or DE is being used ? I'd be much interested to know more
> about that.

http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/latest/ar01s05.html#id2568910
plus XMoveWindow() works with all standard compliant X11 WindowManagers
and Desktop Environments.

check for support: XInternAtom(display, "_NET_WM_DESKTOP", True) != None
get: XGetWindowProperty()
set: XInternAtom(); XSendEvent();

It takes 10-20 lines of code to set the the workspace because you need
to send a Xevent; but searching the web for _NET_WM_DESKTOP and the two
function will point you to example code.

ciao,
robin