[LAU] dyn is noise : drone synth software

S. Massy lists at smassy.andropov.org
Sun Feb 6 23:27:06 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 11:05:55AM +0000, Folderol wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 17:57:26 -0800
> Tracey Hytry <shakti at bayarea.net> wrote:
>
> > Jeremy  wrote:
> > > http://createdigitalmusic.com/2011/02/new-ways-of-shaping-sound-as-free-linux-instrument-is-a-bezier-licious-tone-board/
> >
> > I just read the article and the comments.
> >
> > Are windows users all like that?
> > I've been away from that seen for more then a decade and saw a lot of:
> >
> > Wow, a nice shiny toy to play with!
> > Give-me, give-me, give-me... Oh it's linux only?  You suck!
>
> I don't think it's users of a specific OS, more of a case of extremely selfish
> people who think the world owes them ... everything. They just don't seem to
> connect with the idea of doing something for fun but making it available to
> others with no specific commitment.
You'd be surprised how many people praising the merits of software such
as Photoshop/Protool/etc. and putting down open alternatives such as
GIMP/Ardour are actually running pirated copies of the former. What
sense does that make? "My stolen BMW is really much cooler than the
bicycle you tuned up yourself!"

Cheers,
S.M.