[LAU] dyn is noise : drone synth software

Roberto roberto at zenvoid.org
Mon Feb 7 10:31:07 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 06:27:06PM -0500, S. Massy wrote:
> You'd be surprised how many people praising the merits of software such
> as Photoshop/Protool/etc. and putting down open alternatives such as
> GIMP/Ardour are actually running pirated copies of the former. What
> sense does that make? "My stolen BMW is really much cooler than the
> bicycle you tuned up yourself!"

:)

It reminds me of this quote: "[...]an unauthorized copy of a propietary
program is something ugly, almost as ugly as an authorized copy", quoted
(and translated to english) from the video
http://trayectosmultimedia.net/files/rstallman.ogg
recorded in "La casa invisible" ( http://lainvisible.net )

Personally, I ocassionally buy a proprietary, fully authorized and
expensive car, but my hackable bicycle usually makes me happier. Most
people seem to think different, though.