[LAU] Music Made with Linux: Yachebada

paul feitzinger paul.feitzinger at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 01:23:12 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Leigh Dyer <lsd at wootangent.net> wrote:

>  Nice :) I loved the delays, and the vocals, and that almost
> ominous-sounding distorted synth pad -- was that the Supercollider part?

The really distorted drone-y synth that comes in and out is a cheap
old-ish casiotone keyboard with its volume maxed through this little
behringer mixer with its gain also maxed. It's got separate little
bass keys so I was mostly holding down two notes a 9th apart and was
fading the volume for the bass note in and out

In Supercollider I'm using a granular synth with really big grains,
and tweaking its parameters programatically. The input to each of the
two granular synths is one of the two vocal parts you can hear in the
left and right channels. It's doing the pitch shifted loop-y and
stuttery sounds you hear throughout.

Glad you enjoyed it!

paul