[LAU] Petri-Foo Segfault

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 01:50:11 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm experiencing a seqfault when running Petri-Foo:

[~]$ petri-foo
lash_open_socket: could not connect to host 'localhost', service '14541'
lash_comm_connect_to_server: could not create server connection
JACK error: This system has no accessible HPET device (Device or resource busy)
Connected to JACK server with client name 'LASH_Server'
Opened ALSA sequencer with client ID 130
Listening for connections
Created project project-1 in directory /home/josh/audio-projects/project-1
Added client 87edbf96-21e0-4085-9c2b-3c512400aea6 of class petri-foo
to project project-1
Client 87edbf96-21e0-4085-9c2b-3c512400aea6 set its name to 'petri-foo'
Segmentation fault
[~]$ Client petri-foo removed from project project-1
Project project-1 removed

there are two things here that aren't clear to me:

1. I configured the software with --disable-lash, yet it's trying to
start lash anyway...
2. members of the audio group have permissions to use (is that the
right word?) the HPET timer, but it's saying it's busy, maybe because
jack is already running?

not sure if either of these two things matter, but there they are.
running the latest version of av linux.  please let me know if you
need more information.

thanks,

Josh

--