[LAU] Stereo width - how to control Matrix Spatialiser was: Harrison Mixbus ... now available on Linux!

S C Rigler riglersc at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 15:17:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Ben Loftis <ben at harrisonconsoles.com>wrote:

> There are several plugins that can mono-ize the master output.  SWH's
> Matrix Spatializer should do the trick.  Or I think Invada has a nice
> plugin.
>
> Once you've got the plugin inserted and set-up,  you can just
> middle-mouse-click on the plugin to toggle it on and off. ( Kevin in the
> video didn't mention this)
>
> Ardour3 has a mono button for this purpose...
>

> -Ben

In case there's anybody else reading this list who is as confused as I was:
The Matrix Spatialiser plugin (and others I'm sure, too) has no obvious way
to control its value through the gui when used in Ardour or Mixbus.  There
is just a text label that says "Width" with a number next to it and no
obvious way to manipulate the number.  At first I took the roundabout way
and used automation to alter the value.  Then I had my genius moment of the
day and realized that right or left clicking on the number would increment
the value (use a control or shift modifier for bigger increments).  For some
reason this plugin won't store presets but that's not a huge concern for me
since there is only one value to change.

I hope this helps make somebody's day easier.

--Steve