[LAU] Stereo width - how to control Matrix Spatialiser was: Harrison Mixbus ... now available on Linux!

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Sun Feb 20 17:06:32 UTC 2011

On 02/20/2011 04:17 PM, S C Rigler wrote:
> In case there's anybody else reading this list who is as confused as I
> was: The Matrix Spatialiser plugin (and others I'm sure, too) has no
> obvious way to control its value through the gui when used in Ardour or
> Mixbus.  There is just a text label that says "Width" with a number next
> to it and no obvious way to manipulate the number.  At first I took the
> roundabout way and used automation to alter the value.  Then I had my
> genius moment of the day and realized that right or left clicking on the
> number would increment the value (use a control or shift modifier for
> bigger increments).  For some reason this plugin won't store presets but
> that's not a huge concern for me since there is only one value to change.
>
> I hope this helps make somebody's day easier.

here's what the parameter means:

http://plugin.org.uk/ladspa-swh/docs/ladspa-swh.html#tth_sEc2.69

last time i used it (which was ages ago), i think ardour displayed a
slider control for it... maybe there's an integer hint in the code that
shouldn't be there.

for mono checks, just sum the channels by setting both panners to centre
position (in ardour2).