[LAU] gx_head accessibility question/request

S. Massy lists at smassy.andropov.org
Sun Feb 20 23:55:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 03:58:41PM +0100, hermann wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 16.02.2011, 14:43 -0500 schrieb S. Massy:
> > Hey again,
> >
> > Day before yesterday I decided to give gx_head a whirl to see whether
> > it
> > would be accessible under orca and was pleased to find out that it
> > mostly is. (orca is a screen-reader, btw) I had a lot of fun playing
> > and
> > jamming around. There is only one problem: while the buttons and
> > sliders
> > are recognised as such, most of them are not labelled, requiring one
> > "prod and find out" which by and large isn't too difficult.
>
> Okay, I dig a bit into it, indeed the labels are mostly in boxes around
> the controllers, therewith they are outside the focus.
That's right, I discovered that by "poking around" with the navigation
cursor, I could sometimes discover the label, but the controller itself
is not identified beyond the type of controller it is (e.g slider).

> So I have start to add atk ( accessible ) labels and descriptions to the
> GUI controllers.
> First implementation is now available in the guitarix SVN repository.
How can I pull the latest version? I tried trunk, but that only
retrieved 0.12. Once I have it, I'll be pleased to build, test, and
report.

> I guess ocra could read the menu and you get a accelerator table for
> it ?
Menu works flawlessly. I'm not sure what you mean by "accelerator
table".

Cheers,
S.M.