[LAU] gx_head accessibility question/request

hermann brummer- at web.de
Thu Feb 17 14:58:41 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, den 16.02.2011, 14:43 -0500 schrieb S. Massy:
> Hey again,
>
> Day before yesterday I decided to give gx_head a whirl to see whether
> it
> would be accessible under orca and was pleased to find out that it
> mostly is. (orca is a screen-reader, btw) I had a lot of fun playing
> and
> jamming around. There is only one problem: while the buttons and
> sliders
> are recognised as such, most of them are not labelled, requiring one
> "prod and find out" which by and large isn't too difficult.

Okay, I dig a bit into it, indeed the labels are mostly in boxes around
the controllers, therewith they are outside the focus.
So I have start to add atk ( accessible ) labels and descriptions to the
GUI controllers.
First implementation is now available in the guitarix SVN repository.

I guess ocra could read the menu and you get a accelerator table for
it ?

greats  hermann