[LAU] Stutter effect for linux

jordan triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 23:50:36 UTC 2011

hey Stieny,

> i have used sooperlooper as a sample player triggered by midi, so in that sense its quite similar.

Oh, i see. an interesting approach indeed. (although possibly limiting
in how many samples can be triggered)

>same with terminatorx (which is greatly missed; all the recent versions segfault on various
>button-pushes, at least for me on arch, debian, slackware, puppy etc.  its a bummer that this great >app is no longer active).

that's too bad. I never really used it before. So, i guess i'm not
missing anything. lol.

>but the ecasound project is active, and its control interface is robust, which is why i thought it might >do as a sample player triggered by midi...

Maybe i'll have a look, sounds interesting. thanks for the info.

Myself, i use linux audio - live in a band (or jamming/practicing by myself).

My approach goes as follows;

1. I run several Vsti (through wineASIO), Specimen for my sampling
needs, Jack-jack mainly for compression and limiting (and to equalize
volume-levels between applications)

2. they are then routed into sooperlooper - so that i can quickly in
"real-time", make grooves and phrases (multi-channel of course), or
just compose music in general.

3. then sooperlooper gets routed into tranches, so i can
beat-slice/remix my music/beats.

4. and finally back into Jack-rack, to keep the levels right, before
coming to system:playback.

(this is all automated by a single script, connections and all)

this allows me to have much of the functionality of the Kaossilator,
but with much higher quality sounds - and i can program it anyway that
i want.  If you are not familiar with the Kaossilator, you can check
out my Youtube video(s). - this mix gets interesting after about a
minute and a half.
(the rest are tutorials from a few years ago, when they first came out)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9uc3IrWJvM

cheerz

jordan