[LAU] Help needed with Scripting in QjackCtl

Dominic Sacré dominic.sacre at gmx.de
Sat Feb 26 21:57:59 UTC 2011

On Saturday 26 February 2011 20:42:45 Dan Capp wrote:
> I'm trying to use the "Execute script on Startup" field in the
> QjackCtl settings window to automatically load, on
> application-startup, a QjackCtl profile I created. The profile I
> created is called "alsa", so using the drop-down 'meta-symbols' list
> on the right-hand-side I've entered the scripting argument "%P
> alsa". So far it doesn't seem to be working. Anyone had any success
> with this feature in QjackCtl?

The "Execute script on Startup" field is used to run a command before
the JACK server is started (which may or may not be the same time
QjackCtl is started).
The meta-symbols can be used to pass parameters to the command. For
example, if "alsa" is your active QjackCtl preset, %P would be replaced
with "alsa" when the command is executed.

From your description it sounds like to don't need a startup script at
all, but what you really want is "qjackctl -p alsa".

Dominic