[LAU] Help needed with Scripting in QjackCtl

Dan Capp reflectremain at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 13:12:12 UTC 2011

*
david wrote:
> Hmm, maybe make a script that checks to see if firewire device is
> connected. If true, it starts JACK with the firewire backend, otherwise,
> it starts with your ALSA backend. Maybe you could run that script on
> startup.*

Thanks David, but as a beginner I have no idea where to write this scipt. I
assume you don't mean that I write such a script in the QjackCtl setup GUI,
right?

*Dominic Sacr? wrote:*
*> The "Execute script on Startup" field is used to run a command before
> the JACK server is started (which may or may not be the same time
> QjackCtl is started).
> The meta-symbols can be used to pass parameters to the command. For
> example, if "alsa" is your active QjackCtl preset, %P would be replaced
> with "alsa" when the command is executed.

> From your description it sounds like to don't need a startup script at
> all, but what you really want is "qjackctl -p alsa".*

That's very insightful Dominic - thanks! What would "qjackctl -p alsa" do
and where would I enter it? in the QjackCtl settings window? I don't
understand the meta-symbols at all. So "%P alsa" is meaningless in terms of
automatically loading a QjackCtl preset?

Dan