[LAU] Sample converters

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 21:14:07 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Q <lists at quirq.ukfsn.org> wrote:
<SNIP>
>>> That said, you can do basically the same thing on Linux using Synthclone
>>> (http://code.google.com/p/synthclone/).
<SNIP>
> As for converting VSTi's, whilst what Paul says about it being an API is
> true, it depends on the VSTi as there are many which are basically just
> sample players with a few filter effects added on. There are a few Mellotron
> ones which spring to mind. Hell, that's what the GForce M-Tron, M-Tron Pro
> and Virtual String Machine (ARP Solina et al) are, with huge great sample
> libraries attached.

I've never even seen a real Solina so I didn't know how to compare.
The sounds are nice enough for what it is so for me it's great.

I think if the software above could be set up to run unassisted,
sampling ever note at lots of velocities, etc., then someone would be
on their way to an easy gig file like the SampleTekk stuff without all
the hassle folks went through in the past.

- Mark