[LAU] Freewheeling needs love

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 16:44:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Jorge Salgueiro wrote:

> 2. I have some problems that I don't if they are from freewheeling or
> from my kxstudio system. Yes I'm not a coder and I barely can
> understand what happens and why it happens. If you guys what to help
> me and need more info on the problems that I have just ask me.

FW has a really cool interactive GUI.  However, that GUI is
crash-prone.  This is probably the problem you are having.
I have never been able to make FW work reliably on any
system I've owned.

JP Mercury pretty much wrote the GUI like a video game... so
it's not using any sort of widget kits or anything.  This
means that whoever picks up the project has to either
learn a new API to maintain it, or dump it and start
fresh with some other implementation.  Not fun either
way.

-gabriel