[LAU] Freewheeling needs love

rosea.grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 13:12:52 UTC 2011

On 01/10/2011 05:44 PM, Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Jorge Salgueiro wrote:
>
>> 2. I have some problems that I don't if they are from freewheeling or
>> from my kxstudio system. Yes I'm not a coder and I barely can
>> understand what happens and why it happens. If you guys what to help
>> me and need more info on the problems that I have just ask me.
>
> FW has a really cool interactive GUI.  However, that GUI is
> crash-prone.  This is probably the problem you are having. I have
> never been able to make FW work reliably on any system I've owned.
This is a pity indeed. But most crash-prone apps are close to useless
especially for live imho.

The same is true for the NON apps probably. Nice concept but not stable
enough atm.

Let's hope Composite will improve the state of such 'instrument' apps.
The concept looks promising...

Having great ideas and concepts is 1, but having a stable and finished
project is 2. The linuxaudio world doesn't lack great ideas, but the
problem is having stable and finished projects most of the time. Pretty
some projects fails at  point 2. Freewheeling is an example of this.

\r