[LAU] LV2, DSSI and the future of plugins

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Jan 16 21:30:43 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 09:35:05AM +0000, linuxdsp wrote:

> ... with the result that your
> great new plugin actually has huge deep notches in the frequency
> response when it should sum back to flat (Note: this is also a
> problem with just re-using plugins and libraries in other ways - my
> recent tests using JAMIN suggest exactly this problem happens when
> using the IIR multiband)

True. After all those years none of the 'DSP experts' developing Jamin
has noticed anything wrong when listening to it (it's quite obvious
actually), let alone done a simple measurement that could have revealed
this problem even before the first release. I reported it to one of the
devs some months ago, but even that didn't help - the development version
I got for review some weeks later still had the same defect.

Ciao,

--
FA

There are three of them, and Alleline.