[LAU] LV2, DSSI and the future of plugins

allcoms allcoms at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 00:10:20 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 9:30 PM, <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 09:35:05AM +0000, linuxdsp wrote:
>
> > ... with the result that your
> > great new plugin actually has huge deep notches in the frequency
> > response when it should sum back to flat (Note: this is also a
> > problem with just re-using plugins and libraries in other ways - my
> > recent tests using JAMIN suggest exactly this problem happens when
> > using the IIR multiband)
>
> True. After all those years none of the 'DSP experts' developing Jamin
> has noticed anything wrong when listening to it (it's quite obvious
> actually), let alone done a simple measurement that could have revealed
> this problem even before the first release. I reported it to one of the
> devs some months ago, but even that didn't help - the development version
> I got for review some weeks later still had the same defect.
>
> Ciao,

OK Fons,

You can't carry on slagging off Jamin like this. Yes, you are renowned as
being the most knowledgeable person on the list when it comes to DSP but
constantly berating the poor Jamin guys isn't doing anyone any favours.

Please, either fork and fix Jamin, write a kick-ass alternative that works
how you think Jamin should work or just ignore its shortcomings and leave
the poor devs alone! (I'm def. rooting for the second of these options btw)