[LAU] Fortepiano giga files from pianoteq

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Mon Jan 17 20:29:22 UTC 2011

Nigel Henry wrote:
> I want to buy a fortepiano sample file from pianoteq while the sales on. I've
> got linuxsampler from cvs built, but am unsure which of the 2 giga formats
> for the fortepiano might be compatible with linuxsampler.
>
> The 2 available are for: gigastudio3, and gigasampler2.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Nigel.

Pianoteq is a physically modelled piano, not samples.

I assume you mean Sampletekk. I've got a fair few Giga3 pianos from
Sampletekk and they work fine in Linuxsampler, except that the impulse
response stuff does not work as that feature is not present in LS yet.

The LS site gives details of which Giga3 features are not yet fully
implemented: http://www.linuxsampler.org/features.html

Be warned, some of the Sampletekk pianos require assembly, which doesn't
seem to be possible in Linuxsampler's gigeditor and requires
Gigastudio/sampler's editor. I don't think this is the case with the PMI
Historic Keyboards or the fortepiano which is a part of that collection.

A musical collaborator: "Lethargy, hm really? Then it will be time for
me to get over there and just accidental idea the $h!t out of you"