[LAU] (LV2) plugins and accessibility

S. Massy lists at smassy.andropov.org
Tue Jan 18 22:28:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 09:47:44PM +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello!
>   There is an interface for the Hexter DSSI plugin, which uses
> readline. It works OK, accepting commands to change the programs,
> which is all I asked for and tat's really just fine with me.
Absolutely.

>   But Massy is right, the Bristol CLI is verynice, when it comes to
> changing several parameters. The pure curses interface of that would
> suffice. The cursor moves along correctly, so the braille display
> can follow. And the ":" mode offers a commandline again. But I
> suppose only one of them would be enough, unless someone would take
Agreed. I was just siting Bristol's interface because I feel it offers
the best of both worlds, and lets one use commands where commands are
useful and shortcuts/sliders where they are most useful; but, in
general, one or the other is enough.

> the effort to write a small UI-lib for that set of features. It
> would be helpful and not require any layout design.
If only I weren't such a slow, blunder-prone programmer, I'd attempt it
myself: maybe I will at some point...

Cheers,
S.M.