[LAU] [Music] Prog/synth/atmospheric/IDK: Vale Fanfare

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Sat Jan 22 11:52:26 UTC 2011

allcoms wrote:
> Wow!
>
> Thats the best audiophile excuse I've heard on this list or anywhere for
> that matter- I picture Q having a whole hall (or at least a v. large
> room) full or synths, mixers, patch cables etc. that he has to notify
> his next of kin before he wades in to place his newly fixed string
> synth- just fantastic! Teleharmonium mk1 eat-your-heart out type stuff.

Ah, if only it were so!

Sorry to burst your fantasy, but sadly it's just a reasonably sized
bedroom with two keyboard stands to my sides, one holding a mark 2 ARP
Axxe and a Moog Little Phatty Stage II above it.

The other stand has an 88-key semi-weighted midi-controller, the Logan
String Melody II above and atop that a Dave Smith Mopho keyboard and
some effects pedals.

The synths do run into a tiny, all-knob, mixer and my immediate vicinity
is a bit of a trip hazard with all the cables, but nothing approaching a
synth museum or Keith Emerson's lair :-)

There are about 10 guitars and a flute and piccolo behind me as well...
I think I need to stop buying gear and start making music :D

--
A musical collaborator: "Lethargy, hm really? Then it will be time for
me to get over there and just accidental idea the $h!t out of you"