[LAU] Connectors

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jul 10 15:12:30 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-10 at 10:52 -0400, Ricardus Vincente wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-07-10 at 17:27 +0300, Moshe Werner wrote:
> > +1 on Neutrik, at least for XLR. For TRS 1/4" i also use Rean, el
> > cheapo but still reliable.
> >
> > Moshe
>
> The best TRS and TS connectors without question are Neutrik NP3C's, and
> NP2C's.

One of them some minutes ago moldered in my hands ;), resp. just the
cable relief moldered, OTOH I still can connect it to the mixing
console. There's no need to find out, how to semi-connect them, to get a
connection. It's possible to solder hot enough that the soldering tin
melt, but the connector keeps ok. I only need to plug Neutriks in and
the connection is ok, while for no-name connectors this isn't that
easy :D.

What's the bad with Rean connectors? Until now they seems to be very
good here.

- Ralf