[LAU] Connectors

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Mon Jul 11 09:25:53 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Ricardus Vincente's message of 2011-07-10 16:52:27 +0200:
> On Sun, 2011-07-10 at 17:27 +0300, Moshe Werner wrote:
> > +1 on Neutrik, at least for XLR. For TRS 1/4" i also use Rean, el
> > cheapo but still reliable.
> >
> > Moshe
>
> The best TRS and TS connectors without question are Neutrik NP3C's, and
> NP2C's.
>
> I actually used to work at a company that made cabling for pro audio,
> and had opportunity to try all of the connectors out there.  When it
> comes to XLRs there may be some difference of opinion, but with 1/4 inch
> connectors, there is only one.  :-)

Really? Yamaha doesn't seem to test with those then. I soldered TRS to
two TS connectors to be able to record my e-piano through its headphone
out. The TRS just doesn't fit, it seems to be too small, I can't get a
proper connection. The TRS of my old AKG headphones seems to fit
perfectly.

Philipp