[LAU] Connectors

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Mon Jul 11 09:50:05 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:25:53AM +0200, Philipp Überbacher wrote:

> Really? Yamaha doesn't seem to test with those then. I soldered TRS to
> two TS connectors to be able to record my e-piano through its headphone
> out. The TRS just doesn't fit, it seems to be too small, I can't get a
> proper connection. The TRS of my old AKG headphones seems to fit
> perfectly.

Are you shure you have a standard TRS then ? I've got some Neutriks
here, dimensions are perfectly OK. But I prefer Amphenols.

There is a TRS-like connector sometimes called a 'GPO jack', the
one used in manual telephone exchanges and in pro audio before
bantams became the norm. It has a smaller diameter tip and the
position of the ring is different as well. Don't know if Neutrik
makes them, they are kind of rare these days.

--
FA