[LAU] usb soundcard w 2 mic in

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Thu Jul 14 19:28:40 UTC 2011

2011/7/14 Gwenhwyfaer <gwenhwyfaer at gmail.com>:
> On 14/07/2011, Emanuel Rumpf <xbran at web.de> wrote:
>>> Cuz you're using their bandwidth for your site's benefit.
>>>
>> Do you actually think those few bytes matter these days ?
>
> Yes. When you use a large image and tell the browser to resize it, you
> use up my bandwidth to download it, the vendor's bandwidth to serve
> it, and my memory to decompress it. That may well make Firefox fall
> over with an out of memory error. You are screwing everyone else
> because you can't be bothered to do the right thing. If you don't
> think that's rude, there's precious little hope for you.

The objection I've heard so far is "I'd be rude".
You are the first one to actually explain the reason for that claim. So thanks.
Pages as myspace a.o. have been doing the same, but
I have to very much agree, loading that many large images (at once) is a bad
thing and likely I would have added thumbnails anyway.
Not "likely", because I'd think it's wrong, but "likely", because
time and work is involved.

The strange thing is:
I took a lot of time gathering the links, images, etc...
Now: Instead of going ahead and improving the page themself,
for example by adding thumbnails, some are
simply complaining.

--
E.R.